Tips for a stress free storage experience
WestKey wants your public storage experience to be as stress-free as possible. To help, read through the following tips & tricks before you start storing.
Prepare Your Belongings
- Clothing, bedding and curtains should be clean and dry.
- Protect mattresses, sofas, and tables with padding and dust covers.
- Carpets should be rolled right-side-out and never folded to preserve the pile.
- Electronics should be stored in their original boxes, if possible.
- Pack larger, heavier items on the bottom.
- Clearly label all boxes for easy identification.
- Seal boxes securely with tape to keep dust out.
- Place plastic sheeting on top of stored items.
Make the Most of Your Space
- Determine how often you’ll need to access your storage locker, and what you’ll need to access.
- Place the items you need most often at the front of your storage unit, and leave a small aisle so you can access items at the back.
- Stack like-size boxes either on top of one another or on furniture.
- Stack the heaviest boxes on the bottom and the lightest on top.
- Use pallets and plastic sheeting to keep furniture off the floor.
- Ask your storage consultant for personalized space-saving suggestions.